The UI/UX Design of a website or a web application attracts users and holds their attention long enough to enhance web traction leading to increased brand recall and recognition, thereby growing the top-line as well as the bottom-line of the business.
What is UI & UX design?
The User Interface Design (UI Design) is concerned with user’s navigation through digital product besides developing its Voice-Controlled Interface or Graphical User Interface or Gesture Based Interface so that it conveys brand’s strength and offers an unsurpassed experience to the end user. Furthermore, it entails developing aesthetics & visual styling of a website or video games or an app in terms of designing of each page, individual screen, icons & buttons including its arrangement, colour schemes, typography, interface animations, images, transitions and any other micro interactions etc. so that it grabs the end user’s attention.
The User Experience (UX) Design is related with the end user’s experience during his complete journey with the website or web application. A UX Designer researches and understands the competition, the target audience, their concerns, their preferences and client’s perspective etc. and accordingly builds a smooth, efficient, convenient, pleasant, logical and intuitive user experience. He collaborates with UI designers & developers, teams from other departments as well as stakeholders’ etc. and is responsible for building Information architecture, wire frames, prototypes and then also testing them to ensure that end users have a user experience that is amazing, thereby accumulating consumer loyalty and building a positive brand perception.
- In order to be eligible for enrolment in graduation, the students should have passed their class 12th with 60% in any discipline from a recognised board.
- In order to be eligible for enrolling in masters, students should clear their graduation from a recognised university with at least 50% marks.
In order to pursue a career in UI/UX design, students must take admission in college that offers professional skills in UI/UX course. They must choose such a college that offers:
- The college must mentor students so that they are proficient in new technologies like AI, ML, IOT, Augmented reality, interactive screens, visual design and systems thinking etc. besides being equipped with knowledge about crafting wireframes on invision, Figma and high fidelity on XD etc.
- The curriculum must equip students with competencies in design software such as Adobe illustrator, Corel Draw & Photoshop etc. in addition to proficiency in web programming languages like XML, HTML, PHP, CSS & Java.
- The college must mentor students so that they develop cognitive thinking which facilitates in providing solutions to complex issues and problems.
- While UX Design borrows from disciplines like research, ethnography, field work, business strategy, product design, information and semiotics, UI Design borrows from branding, illustration, basic graphic design and typography,
- An extensive exposure must be offered by college through internships, participation in competitions, handling live projects besides interaction with industry experts to gain wisdom.
- The certification offered by the college must be recognised both at domestic as well as at global level.
- The college must mentor students in use of transformative technologies so as to conceptualize creative solutions.